Sunday, March 30, 2014

PI: Wat

I have admittedly, never setup a PI planet of my own. I've bought billions of PI stuff by now and fielded questions about it like mad. Those questions end in 'I dunno, I just buy the stuff.'

I'm still terrible at Eve but PI is ok passive cash but stupidly click intensive. Some have multiple alts doing this and claiming at least a billion+ in income. 

Setting up in hi-sec and expecting decent return was idiocy. I set up three planets and called it over and done within a couple of hours. I found a null system that had 5 planets I could expect decent return from and will keep monitoring. I may even jump into a hole after training some scanning skills.

It looks like I chose a less than great 'hotspot' for a couple planets, as I'm pulling in 14k per cycle of one mat, routing it to storage at each end and routing to basic factories and an advanced at the end. The other mat indicates 12k at the ECU but pulls ~7K in reality, resulting in lowered productivity as there aren't enough to keep pace.

I'm almost keen on trading again soon in the future. I've started to make more headway at work and instead of afk-ing and passively paying attention to contracts, I can devote more time to trading and production endeavors.

3 comments:

  1. I keep on debating with myself if I should start PI. If I could make a Plex worth of ISK for only touching it 5 times a month then I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this little endeavor to make P2 products using 4 day cycles on 5 planets. I'll likely continue to update as I tweak things around or barring that, rip it all up by the roots and stick with T2 production and trading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm somewhat skeptical of the 'I make 1 Billion or more on nothing but PI' crowd. I hear and see quite a bit of this type of activity but hardly ever get more than vague responses when it comes to hard numbers.

    ReplyDelete